For State and private healthcare organizations and independent practices with limited financial resources, deploying certified EHR technology is easier said than done. DSS vxVistA is an open source EHR built around a core set of Meaningful Use- and Drummond-certified applications that make it possible for healthcare providers to create longitudinal patient records in a digital format. A turnkey and robust EHR solution, vxVistA integrates seamlessly with a full suite of value-added solutions developed by DSS to support a wide range of unique clinical, administrative and financial workflows.
vxVistA: More than an Open Source EHR
- Enables Interoperability
- ARRA Meaningful Use certified
- Streamlines Workflows and Reduces Costs
- Improves Outcomes of Care
- Enhances Patient Safety
Open Source Core Solutions Plug & Play Solutions
- vxComputerized Patient Record System (vxCPRS)
- vxInpatient Pharmacy
- vxOutpatient Pharmacy
- vxBar Code Medication Administration (vxBCMA)
- vxGroup Notes
- vxVitals Lite
- Access My Records (AMR) Patient Portal
- vxClinical Note Templates (vxCNT)
- vxDocument Manager (vxDocMan)
- vxHome Based Mobile (vxHB Mobile)
- vxMental Health Suite (vxMHS)
- vxReal-Time Vitals (vxRTV)
- vxRelease of Information (vxROI)
This EHR Module is 2014 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Drummond Group is accredited by ANSI and approved by ONC for the ONC HIT Certification Program to certify: Complete EHR, EHR Module (all), and Certification of other types of HIT for which the Secretary has adopted certification criteria under Subpart C of 45 CFR.
DSS, Inc., 11/17/2016, vxVistA Ambulatory 15.0.1, EHR Modular (Ambulatory), Certificate No: 14.04.04.2925.vxVi.01.1.1.161117. CMS EHR Certification ID 0014EK4GBJ4CYP7. Modules Tested: 170.314 (a)(1-15); (b)(1-5, 7); (c)(1-3); (d)(1-9); (e)(1-3); (f)(1-3); (g)(2-4). Clinical Quality Measures Certified: 2v4; 68v4; 69v3; 117v3; 122v3; 124v3; 138v3; 155v3; 165v3. Additional software used: FDB MedsTracker.
DSS, Inc., 06/30/2016, vxVistA 15.0, EHR Modular (Inpatient), Certificate No: 14.04.04.1319.vxVi.IN.1.0.160630.
Modules Tested: 170.314 (a)(1, 3-9, 11,12); (b)(1,2); (d)(1, 4-9); (e)(1); (f)(1); (g)(1,3,4). Clinical Quality Measures tested: None. Additional software used: None.
Cost and Limitations
This certified vxVistA may require ongoing monthly and annual costs per contractual obligations as outlined below:
- For 170.314(b)(1)-(2), e(1)-e(3) Direct messaging functionality (including transitions of care, discharge summaries, view/download/transmit CCDA documents and clinical messaging), DSS requires an annual licensing and subscription fee not included in base service agreement with purchase of the AMR Patient Portal.
- For 170.314(d)(9) Accounting of Disclosures, using the vxRelease of Information functionality, additional costs required are not part of the base package and are determined per contract.
There are no technical limitations with this product.
The pricing model for vxVistA offers a base package and additional modules available for purchase. Add-on functionality mentioned above and support maintenance/services are uniquely evaluated for each customer.