DSS’ research and development department software engineers have extensive programming experience in M, Delphi, .NET, SOA and other languages. Based on our research and feedback from customers, DSS has developed more than 350 executable programs that improve workflows across healthcare organizations.
Our team leverages agile development methodologies to successfully design and develop legacy integration solutions for large healthcare systems, private hospitals and medical facilities nationwide. Members of the research and development team are assigned to one of three technology groups:
- MUMPS (M)/Cache
- Delphi RPC development for HL7 integration
- Java/.NET and Oracle/MSSQL DBA for SOA-based development
Each technology group is responsible for performing peer reviews of design and development guidelines and the related documentation. This policy ensures all team members will have the opportunity to tweak guidelines, which results in building better solutions that fully meet the unique technology needs of our customers.
Our Research and Development Services at a Glance
- Software Engineering: We leverage our proven agile methodology to develop healthcare technology and integrate commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and partner software solutions.
- EHR Integration: We utilize an integration approach based on best practices that has enabled us to successfully integrate more than 350 proprietary, open source and partner software solutions.
- Mobile Development: We take advantage of the latest mobile technology to develop solutions that deliver patient data securely, when and where it’s needed.
- Open Source Development: We developed the industry’s most reliable and widely used open source EHR.